What We Represent

Our firm offers representation at every stage of a criminal proceeding: the initial investigation; grand jury proceedings; pretrial motions and negotiation; jury trial; and, when necessary, on appeal. We provide representation in virtually every area of criminal law, both felonies and misdemeanors. A criminal attorney in Ruston, LA handles everything including:

Homicide, Vehicular Homicide
Drunk Driving Defense, DUI, DWLS
Driving with License Suspended
Criminal Traffic Offenses
Reckless Driving
Drug & Narcotics Offenses:
Drug Possession, Sale,
Delivery, Purchasing and
Drug Trafficking
Child Abuse
Bail Reduction Motions
Juvenile Crimes, Juvenile Delinquency
Probation Violations
White Collar Crime
Black Market Operation
Clemency Petitions
Tourist Crimes
Posting Bail
Vehicle Code Violations
Assault and Battery
Grand Jury Representation
Petty and Grand Theft
Dealing with Stolen Property
Sex Offenses:  Sexual Battery, Lewd Act,
Solicitation, Rape, Molestation
Violent Crimes
Robbery:  Armed Robbery, Robbery With
a Firearm or a Weapon, Strongarm
Domestic Violence/Spousal Abuse:
Battery, Aggravated Battery,
Expungement / Sealing of Records
Suppression of Evidence Motions
Erasing Criminal History
Weapons Charges
Price Fixing
Loan Sharking
Obstruction of Justice
Injunction Violations
Bond Hearings
Hit and Run

The insurance company denied my workers’ compensation claim, what do I do?

The insurance company denied my workers’ compensation claim, what do I do?

…If your workers’ compensation claim or injury has been denied, you probably need legal help right away. You should immediately contact a lawyer or an information and assistance officer (I&A) at the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB). Information and Assistance may be reached at 1-800-736-7401. You probably need to file an application right away at your local Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board. Again, you should immediately follow up with the best Racine workers compensation lawyer. If you are unable to work and are in need of monetary assistance, then you should contact your local Employment Development Department and apply for State Disability Benefits. Medical care will also be a problem if the insurance company denies your case. Your doctor may be willing to give you treatment on a lien basis. In such a situation the doctor would submit a lien in your case and attempt to recover his or her treatment costs when your claim is litigated. If you cannot find a doctor willing to follow the lien procedure, then you should consider any private health insurance you have.

How do I pay a lawyer if I hire one?

…A Judge at the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board must approve any fees paid to your attorney. The fees paid to lawyers in the workers’ compensation system are rather strictly regulated. The fee is typically 12% to 15% of the benefits awarded. Usually the insurance company will pay your attorney directly at the conclusion of your case. You should never have to pay your lawyer directly. If your case is lost and you have no recovery, then the lawyer does not get paid and you owe your attorney nothing. If your attorney has also represented you for vocational retraining, there will also be a fee in conjunction with this representation.